Tuesday 17 January 2017
Why should I compost at home?
There are many benefits to home composting. They include:
- It saves you money – turns most kitchen and garden waste into a free supply of compost to use in your garden.
- It is fun and educational – a natural process that is easy to do for all the family and provides compost in less than a year.
- It helps the environment – cuts CO2 emissions as the waste doesn’t need to be transported.
- It helps the local wildlife – compost bins provide homes for a number of small creatures such as worms, beetles and snails, who in turn provide food for birds, hedgehogs and other small mammals.
- It helps you keep fit – regular gardening is great exercise for people of all ages.
Find out more about home composting:
Try composting at home
How do I compost at home?
Where can I find answers to common questions?
Find out why June chooses to compost at home.