In Basildon your recycling is collected weekly in your orange box and pink sacks.
Put these in your pink sack:
- most plastics, including cling film, plastic bottles, food containers and packaging
- paper and cardboard
- metal packaging
- textiles, clothing, shoes and handbags.
- medicine blister packs
- prepared (microwave) meal trays
- meat trays, if meat is cooked in them
- aluminium-coated plastic pouches and packaging, such as cat food pouches and crisp bags
- plastic toys
- food waste
- garden waste
Put these in your orange box:
- clean glass bottles
- clean glass jars
- window panes
- wine glasses
- ovenproof cookware, such as Pyrex and glass plates
Food and garden waste
Food and garden waste go in your large green bin, collected weekly. Households have also been given a small kitchen caddy for food waste to empty into your green bin.
Put these in your green bin:
- cooked and uncooked food waste
- peelings and leftover fruit
- newspaper if used as a liner for your kitchen caddy
- grass cuttings
- cut flowers
- house plants.
- bin and caddy liners not approved by Basildon Council
- flower pots
- soil, mud and hardcore
- treated wood
- pet waste.
Basildon Council will collect large things for £10, outside your home on the same day as your recycling. To book, call 01268 533333.
Book in for collection anything:
- that will not fit into a standard-sized black rubbish sack
- that cannot be lifted by one person
They do not accept:
- bathroom suites
- building waste
- fitted kitchens
- central heating systems
- internal and external doors.
Non-recyclable household waste
All non-recyclable household waste can be put in your weekly black sack collection.
- commercial waste
- liquids, such as oils and paints
- bulky household items
- hazardous materials
- granular or powder pesticides.