Harlow recycling centre, Temple Bank, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2DY
Information on disabled access to the recycling centre can be found on AccessAble, formerly Disabled Go.
16 October to end of February
9am to 4pm every day
1 March to 15 October
9am to 5pm every day
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve closed from 1pm
Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
What you cannot bring to recycling centres
- Chemicals and other toxic substances
- Clinical waste
- Dead animals
- Fireworks, ammunition and explosives
- Hazardous waste
- Japanese knotweed
- Landlord's waste
- Trade or commercial waste
Vehicle and site restrictions
Light commercial vehicles (under 3,500kg) will be accepted if they are carrying your own household waste. Site staff may stop you at the gate to ensure the waste you are carrying has come from the household.
Harlow recycling centre only accepts the following amounts of DIY waste:
- In any 28-day period you may not exceed three wheelbarrow loads (one car boot) of soil, hardcore or gypsum-based products including plasterboard and dry wall lining, and one wheelbarrow load of tiles.
- In any six-month period you may not exceed three large ceramic items (e.g. toilet or wash basin), one uPVC or wooden window frame, one uPVC or wooden door, three wooden internal doors or any elements of a built-in kitchen