Saturday 1 September 2018
This easy recipe is a favourite with non-cooks and transforms tired and old produce into top-tasting tucker for everyone. Anything from broccoli to red peppers this recipe can be personalised any day of the week.
Instant Tortilla Pizza
- Flour tortilla
- 1 tbsp tomato passata
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 handful grated cheese
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan and dry fry the tortilla for about 1 minute on each side.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a frying pan and gently fry the vegetable assortment for 5-7 minutes until it softens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortilla on a shallow baking tray. Spread the tomato passata over the tortilla and then spread the vegetables over in an even layer. Sprinkle over the dried herbs and top with the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts and starts to colour.
For more recipes ideas for leftovers visit to Love Food Hate Waste.
Find more Love Essex recipes
Glutney chutney recipe
Indian meze chicken recipe
Tuna and broccoli fishcake recipe