Tuesday 4 September 2018
We’re excited to announce the Love Essex Fund, offering microgrants of up to £500, to help organisations and individuals to support residents to reduce their household waste.
The Love Essex Fund will support local organisations and individuals who are inspiring residents and providing innovative ideas that promote repair, reuse and recycling, ultimately preventing waste being thrown away in the home.
Funding will be provided to local, innovative projects which:
- Reduce the amount of household waste being thrown away
- Prevent specific types of waste from being thrown away
- Make use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials from the household
- Inspire people and communities to be creative and sustainable with their waste
- Provide skills and opportunities to build an environmentally sustainable community
Examples of projects which could receive funding include:
- Repair cafes and workshops
- Skills sharing workshops
- Libraries of things
- Community fridges and other food sharing projects
- Food growing projects
- Clothes swaps
- Plastic free groups
- Community composting projects
- Educational activities
- “Zero waste” shops
- Online groups and networks (such as Facebook groups)
Projects that are in line with the Love Essex aims and focus on the top tiers of the waste hierarchy will have highest priority, e.g reduce followed by reuse, and then recycling.
We are unable to fund the following:
- Projects focusing on business and office waste
- Ongoing running costs and pre-existing day to day activities (eg. rent, wages, legal fees, office supplies, expenses, utility bills etc.)
- Litter bins in public locations.
- Activities that promote or are run by politically-motivated organisations.
- Projects where applicant cannot demonstrate compliance with all relevant legislation
How do I apply:
Please complete the online funding application form by Friday 18th October 2019.
Apply for the Love Essex Fund
What happens next?
- Once we are in receipt of your application, we will contact you to make sure the fund matches our eligibility criteria.
- We will let you know if your project has been successful by Friday 25th October 2019.
- We will provide feedback on your application if you have not been successful.
- If you have been successful, we will be in touch for your organisation’s bank details and money will be paid via BACS within 10 working days.
- If you are crowdfunding for this specific project, please let us know as we may be able to add this fund to your crowdfunding campaign.
Grant follow up:
Once you have received the funding, we would like to see how it has been used and how your work has helped reach our aims. As a condition of receiving the funding we will require a brief report including photos or video of the project in action and the following information:
- Approximately how many Essex residents were reached by this project.
- What you spent the funds on.
- How much waste was diverted (if known)
- If you needed to change any plans during the project.
- What went well/what would you change next time.
- Projects must have begun operating within 6 months of receiving funding