Friday 30 September 2022
The Love Essex Fund supports local organisations, individuals and schools with projects that create or inspire a reduction in household waste. This funding is provided through micro-grants of up to £500.
For this round of funding, we are hoping to support projects that promote reuse and repair across the county. Please read the desired criteria below before submitting an application.
Applications for the Love Essex Fund are currently closed.
The Love Essex Fund is for projects that:
- Reduce the amount of waste being produced in households
- Prevent specific types of waste from being thrown away
- Inspire people and communities to be creative and sustainable with their waste
- Provide skills and opportunities to build an environmentally sustainable community
- Are based in Essex
Projects which could receive funding include:
- Repair café events and skills-sharing workshops
- Clothes swaps and sharing events
- Textiles and toys redistribution organisations
- Educational talks related to reuse and repair
- Upcycling specialists
- Bike, furniture and electronics repair organisations
- 'Library of Things' projects
- Anything that involves keeping products in use and away from landfill, either via reuse or repair practices
Previous recipients can apply again, ideally with new projects, but continuation and expansion of previously funded projects will still be considered for new funding.
We are unable to fund the following:
- Projects that involve commercial waste. Projects must be related to reducing waste in households
- Ongoing running costs and pre-existing day to day activities (e.g. rent, wages, legal fees, expenses, utility bills, etc.)
- Litter bins in public locations
- Activities that promote or are run by politically-motivated organisations
- Projects where applicant cannot demonstrate compliance with all relevant legislation
What happens after I apply for the fund?
- Applications will be reviewed by the Love Essex team on the week commencing 24 October 2022
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Monday 7 November 2022
- If you have been successful, we will be in touch for your or your organisation’s bank details and funding will be paid via BACS within 10 working days. You will be required to sign a grant agreement in order to receive the funding
- If you are crowdfunding for this specific project, please let us know as we may be able to add this fund to your crowdfunding campaign
Once you have received the funding, we would like to see how it has been used and how your work has helped contribute to our aims. As a condition of receiving the funding, we will be in touch to check on progress and gather feedback.
Previous rounds of funding
If you would like to read about past recipients, please visit our Success Stories page.