Tuesday 3 October 2017
The Love Essex Fund supports local organisations, individuals and schools. If you are inspiring residents or providing innovative ideas that promote repair, reuse and recycling, consider applying.
Applications for the Love Essex Fund are currently closed.
The Love Essex Fund is for projects that:
- Reduce the amount of household waste being thrown away.
- Prevent specific types of waste from being thrown away.
- Make use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials from the household.
- Inspire people and communities to be creative and sustainable with their waste.
- Provide skills and opportunities to build an environmentally sustainable community.
- Are based in Essex.
Projects which could receive funding include:
- Repair cafes and workshops.
- Skills sharing workshops.
- Libraries of things.
- Community fridges and other food sharing projects.
- Food growing projects.
- Clothes swaps.
- Plastic free groups.
- Community composting projects.
- Educational activities and schools.
- “Zero waste” shops.
- Online groups and networks (such as Facebook groups).
Projects that are in line with the Love Essex aims and focus on the top tiers of the waste hierarchy will have highest priority, e.g. reduce followed by reuse, and then recycling. Previous successful applicants can apply again, ideally with new projects. Expansions of previously funded projects will still be considered.
We are unable to fund the following:
- Projects focusing on business and office waste.
- Ongoing running costs and pre-existing day to day activities (eg. rent, wages, legal fees, office supplies, expenses, utility bills, etc.).
- Litter bins in public locations.
- Activities that promote or are run by politically-motivated organisations.
- Projects where applicant cannot demonstrate compliance with all relevant legislation.
What happens after I apply for the fund?
- Applications will be reviewed by the Love Essex team on the week commencing 14 February 2022.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by 18 February 2022.
- If you have been successful, we will be in touch for your organisation’s bank details and money will be paid via BACS within 10 working days. You will also be required to sign a grant agreement.
- If you are crowdfunding for this specific project, please let us know as we may be able to add this fund to your crowdfunding campaign.
Once you have received the funding, we would like to see how it has been used and how your work has helped reach our aims. As a condition of receiving the funding, we will be in touch to check on progress and gather feedback.
Previous rounds of funding
If you would like to read about past successful applicants, please visit our Success Stories page.