Wednesday 1 January 2020
Composting at home has a range of great benefits and allows you to turn some of your food waste into a nutrient rich food for your garden. That’s why Essex County Council is working with Straights to subsidise compost bins by 50%.
How to order a bin
In order to buy one of our reduced-priced compost bins you must:
- Be a resident in statutory Essex (excludes Southend and Thurrock).
- Be used in a residential garden.
- Visit GetComposting and enter your postcode. Your discount will then automatically be added.
- Select the right size compost bin for your garden: 220 litres is £9.25, or 330 litres is £10.25.
- If you purchase two compost bins, you can get one of them half price.
Compost bin details
Compost bins are made from recycled plastic and requires no assembly. There's a delivery charge of £5.99 and have a guarantee of 7 years.
However, if you do't have much space, then GetComposting offer a number of smaller bins, including wormeries and the Bokashi system.
Purchase your compost bin today
Find out more about home composting
How do I compost at home?
Why should I compost at home?
Attend a workshop and get a free compost bin