Essex County Council defines vans as medium-sized motor vehicles, and usually:
- There will be no rear seats, rear seatbelts or mountings
- There will be an area with floor panel in the rear of the vehicle
- There will be no side windows in the rear of the vehicle (and if there are, they will be opaque and unable to open)
Please note this list is not exhaustive and is just an example.
A pick-up is a small van or a truck with low sides and/or an area of floor panel in the rear of the vehicle designed to carry a load.
We define a large trailer as a trailer with more than one axle.
Any vehicle that is 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes) or over, agricultural vehicles, horse boxes/trailers and tipping flatbeds are not accepted at any of the recycling centres in Essex.
These recycling centres accept vans, pick-ups and large trailers:
- Braintree Recycling Centre
- Brentwood Recycling Centre
- Chelmsford Recycling Centre
- Clacton Recycling Centre
- Colchester Recycling Centre
- Harlow Recycling Centre
- Maldon Recycling Centre
- Pitsea Recycling Centre
- Saffron Walden Recycling Centre
Vans, pick-ups and large trailers are not accepted at any other site, unless you are a Blue Badge holder.