Your kerbside general rubbish and recycling is collected by Tendring District Council. Find out what is accepted in your general rubbish and recycling, as well as how to book a special collection or apply for a clinical waste collection.
Tendring recycling collection
Items accepted in your fortnightly green recycling box include:
- Plastic bottles with lids left on. Including plastic cleaning, detergent and shampoo bottles
- Metal items such as tins, cans and aerosols
Please ensure items are clean and dry before recycling. Find out more about items that are and are not accepted in your green recycling box.
Items accepted in your fortnightly red recycling box include:
- Cardboard including cereal boxes and egg cartons
- Paper such as newspapers, magazines and junk mail
Please ensure items are clean and dry before recycling. Find out more about items that are and are not accepted in your red recycling box.
Items accepted in your weekly green food waste caddy include:
- Cooked and uncooked food waste
- Fruit and vegetables including peelings
- Newspaper if used to line your food caddy
Find out more about items that are and are not accepted in your food waste caddy.
Items accepted in your fortnightly brown garden waste bin include:
- Grass cuttings
- Shrubs, plants (including house flowers), weeds and leaves
- Small branches
Please note, garden waste is a chargeable service. Find out more about items that are and are not accepted in your garden waste bin.
Tendring general rubbish collection
Items accepted in your fortnightly general rubbish bin include:
- Items which cannot be placed in your recycling containers
- Nappies and incontinence waste
- Food pouches
- Crisp packets
- Bubble wrap
- Plastic pots, tubs and trays such as yoghurt pots and ice cream tubs
- Plastic film, such as cling film
- Medicine blister pack
- Pet bedding and litter
- Drinks cartons
Find out more about items that are and are not accepted in your general rubbish bin.
Tendring clinical waste collection
Clinical waste includes human or animal tissue, blood or bodily fluids, excretions, drugs or other pharmaceutical products, swabs or dressings and syringes, needles or other sharp instruments, that may put human health at risk.
Clinical waste is not accepted in your kerbside collection or at any Essex County Council recycling centre. Clinical waste produced by a healthcare worker during a visit to your home should be removed by them. For clinical waste that is generated at home by self-treatment, contact Tendring District Council for a clinical waste collection.
Find your nearest recycling centre in Tendring
Recycling centres are for your own household waste only. Your nearest Essex County Council recycling centre in Tendring is Clacton Recycling Centre, Kirby le Soken Recycling Centre, Dovercourt Recycling Centre and Lawford Recycling Centre Please check recycling centre opening times and site restrictions before visiting.